Group Board Of Directors
Role and Responsibilities: the Group Board, which is elected by the shareholders, is the ultimate decision-making body of MUDI Group with the exception of matters reserved to shareholders. The primary function of the Board is an oversight. The Board, in exercising its business judgment, acts as an advisor and counselor to senior management and defines as well as enforces standards of accountability – all with a view to enabling senior management to execute their responsibilities fully and in the interests of the Group and its shareholders.
Collectively, the following shall be the Board's primary responsibilities, some of which may be delegated to one or more committees of the Board:
- Overseeing the conduct of the Group’s business so that it is effectively managed in the long-term interests of shareholders;
- Reviewing and approving group strategic level policies
- Selecting, evaluating and compensating the “C-Class” executive officers - Group Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Chief Finance Officer (CFO) and Chief Operating Officer (COO) - and planning for their succession.
- Appointing, evaluating and compensating the Board of Directors and senior management staff of subsidiary units of the Group
- Overseeing and reviewing the Group’s strategic direction and objectives;
- Overseeing the Group’s enterprise-wide risk management framework and the processes that are in place to safeguard the Group’s assets and manage material risks facing the Group;
- Monitoring the Group’s accounting and financial reporting practices and reviewing the Group’s financial and other controls;
- Overseeing the Group’s compliance with applicable laws and regulations;
- Engaging in succession planning for the Board and key leadership roles on the Board and its Committees; and
- Nominating the Group’s Director Candidates and appointing Committee members.
In performing its oversight function, the Board is entitled to rely on the advice, reports, and opinions of management, counsel, auditors, and outside experts. In that regard, the Board shall be entitled, at the expense of the Group, to engage such outside legal, financial or other advisors as they deem appropriate.
The following are members of the Board of Directors of MUDI farms LTD. and MUDI HajjUmra Services LTD. The boards have Vice-Chairpersons, Group Chairman, and Group CEOs. Their appointments were confirmed at the first shareholders meeting held at Durra Institute, Accra. The following are the Group Board members.
MUDI HAJJUMRA SERVICES LIMITED
- Alhaji Haruna Alhassan - Group Chairman
- Dr. Hudu Fusheini - Vice
- Alhaji Awudu Damani Musah
- Alhaji Mohammed Danzima
- Alhaj Ahmed Yussif
- Hajia Fatima Mohammed
- Hajia Muniratu Abass Iddi Hussein
- Hajia Ayisha Mustapha Ibrahim
- Hajia Habiba Amadu Tanko
- Hajia Huzaifatu Adam